A mentor is a caring, adult friend who devotes time to a young person. Although mentors can fill any number of different roles, all mentors have the same goal in common: to help young people achieve their potential and discover their strengths.
Mentors are essential for our survival.
Eligible mentors must meet all the following criteria.
- Between the ages of 19 and 35
- Have completed, or is currently enrolled in a post-secondary education
- Demonstrate dependability and commitment and passion for the mission of Yapendo.
- Attend training and orientation for new mentors
- Be available to mentor a girl once a week
- Be able to commit to mentor a girl for one school year
Click here to Get Involved. If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org